The family tradition began in 1950 when Raymond Martin opened the business, which was originally known as Martin Appliance Co., in the 1000 block of East Washington St.

In 1962, Raymond moved the business about nine blocks down the street to its current location at 1965 E. Washington St, East Peoria, IL.


Over the years, the business expanded six times and today it spans about 20,000 square feet and employs 13 people in sales, warehouse and delivery. When Raymond Martin, who remained active in the business until about the late 1980s, died in 1991, son Dean Martin, who was already working in the business, took over. Gregg Martin joined the business in 1981.